#3 T-track Install

Evelyn boats built by Performance Yachts or C&C, discuss issues and solutions. Get great feedback from owners, past owners and even some the people that built and designed them.

Moderator: Pterobyte

#3 T-track Install

Postby Rolf » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Fellow 32-2ers:

I am getting ready to reinstall the T-track for the #3/#4 jibs. Before I removed them, I had 2 sets. One about halfway between the gunwhale and the angle defining the start of the cabin top, the other right next to the angle between the cabin top and side deck. Do I need both? If not, which one should be used?

Thanks for your expertise and experience!!

rolf
Rolf
Contributor

Re: #3 T-track Install

Postby Pterobyte » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:42 pm

I am presuming you mean to say you have one set between the cabin top and the stays chain plate and one just outside the chain plate between the toe rail and the chain plate?

If so I have only used the one inside with our #3. She points like a monster when we use the #3. I've never used the outside tracks. I suppose of off the wind you'd want to move it there.

Anybody else?
Pterobyte
32132 Hull# 1
Pterobyte
Loquacious

Postby Wild Thing » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Wild Thing only has the "outside" track... I must admit I have not done enough sailing with the #3 up to know better...
Attachments
image008.jpg
Guy Perrin
Evelyn 32-2 "Wild Thing" 32144
Port Credit, ON
Wild Thing
Avid Fan

Postby musicman » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:23 am

Bob had the #3 tracks set up fairly far out, this works well especially way up range.
We messed around with moving them on "Remedy" but ended up staying with them in the stock location.
**With them in the stock location your sailmaker needs to pay close attention to the entry angle**
Here's a shot of ours with the #3 on:
musicman
Loquacious

Return to Fixes and Repairs on Evelyn 32