Sump Repairs

Evelyn boats built by Performance Yachts or C&C, discuss issues and solutions. Get great feedback from owners, past owners and even some the people that built and designed them.

Moderator: Pterobyte

Sump Repairs

Postby Motorboat!! » Fri May 27, 2011 2:51 pm

Well I guess it was bound to happen eventually. Apparently when the previous owners pulled the inboard off and glassed over the shaft hole, they left a void space between the new glass and the hull. Over the years it acted as one big blister and grew along the sump/hull joint. Looks like the sump is going to get some serious new glass work. Always something.
-Matt Skaer
MOTORBOAT!!
USA 32888
Motorboat!!
Loquacious

Re: Sump Repairs

Postby Pterobyte » Tue May 31, 2011 1:32 pm

This will be a great time to add/replace stiffeners for the keel box. If you have not done so already. The inboard installation cut the main rib down and I hear that causes problems. You can't over stiffen the keel box.

j
Pterobyte
32132 Hull# 1
Pterobyte
Loquacious

Postby Intensity » Tue May 31, 2011 6:13 pm

Matt

That's the exact problem I am dealing with. Who is doing your work? Maybe we could talk em into giving us a double the job discount!

Scotty
Intensity
US25030
Intensity
Contributor

Postby Motorboat!! » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:25 am

It's being done at Schuberts here in new orleans. It started as a routing bottom job...or so I thought. I added 2 additional stringers about 2 years ago, but I think when I get some free time (haha) later this summer after pensacola, I will rip them out and replace them with something a little stronger and more engineered...like maybe a piece of sheet steel sandwiched with glass/wood. Gotta give that one some thought though.
I hope the boat is ready soon, we are supposed to deliver it to Gulfport next weekend.
-Matt Skaer
MOTORBOAT!!
USA 32888
Motorboat!!
Loquacious

Return to Fixes and Repairs on Evelyn 32