Companionway hatch

Evelyn boats built by Performance Yachts or C&C, discuss issues and solutions. Get great feedback from owners, past owners and even some the people that built and designed them.

Moderator: Pterobyte

Companionway hatch

Postby Motorboat!! » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:04 pm

I have a longshot question, but does anybody have an extra or even broken main hatch cover sliding cover? Mine actually blew off during a storm last week, and now I have a 3ft x3ft square opening in the boat. I tried making a quick fix but the curvature of the original hatch is tough to match, especially when you don't have anything to go off of. If anybody can please help, or offer advice, I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks
-Matt
-Matt Skaer
MOTORBOAT!!
USA 32888
Motorboat!!
Loquacious

Re: Companionway hatch

Postby Wild Thing » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:05 am

I will be removing mine in the next couple weeks (assuming it ever stops snowing...grrr) as I want to replace the teak sliders with something else. It would then be easy to draw a fairly accurate template if you are looking for something then... Let me know...

Cheers, Guy
Guy Perrin
Evelyn 32-2 "Wild Thing" 32144
Port Credit, ON
Wild Thing
Avid Fan

Re: Companionway hatch

Postby Pterobyte » Tue May 31, 2011 1:21 pm

Motorboat!! wrote:I have a longshot question, but does anybody have an extra or even broken main hatch cover sliding cover? Mine actually blew off during a storm last week, and now I have a 3ft x3ft square opening in the boat. I tried making a quick fix but the curvature of the original hatch is tough to match, especially when you don't have anything to go off of. If anybody can please help, or offer advice, I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks
-Matt

Hi Matt,
Did you ever solve this problem? I am wondering if we should make a mold off an existing hatch so we can pop out a few, and make them stronger when we do.
Pterobyte
32132 Hull# 1
Pterobyte
Loquacious

Return to Fixes and Repairs on Evelyn 32