Hull Line Drawings

Evelyn boats built by Performance Yachts or C&C, discuss issues and solutions. Get great feedback from owners, past owners and even some the people that built and designed them.

Moderator: Pterobyte

Hull Line Drawings

Postby Rolf » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:51 am

Fellow Evelyners . . . does anyone know of where I can obtain reasonably detailed hull line drawings for the Evelyn 32-2 . . . especially those that indicated placement of interior structure?
Rolf
Contributor

Re: Hull Line Drawings

Postby musicman » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:29 am

I have most of the original 32 drawings. What exactly do you need?
musicman
Loquacious

Postby Motorboat!! » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:59 am

Now that you mention it, I would sure like to get my hands on those too...being an engineer, I just like to see how things were made, and they could come in handy for future projects I have planned. What format do you have them in? Are they old paper drawings (I don't guess they were using Autocad when the boat was drawn up).
-Matt Skaer
MOTORBOAT!!
USA 32888
Motorboat!!
Loquacious

Postby FastCrab » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:22 pm

Given the section shapes for the Naca65A010, the 2,000 lbs for lead, and a pixelated picture from the internet, this is what I have created so far in Rhino. The lines are definitely not right yet. The sections shown are based on the deck and keel lines from the image for the 32-2 on Sailboatdata.com, adjusted to get the displacement of 5,150lbs published on Sailingworld.com at the waterline shown- which is pure fiction, but it looks cool. It might help me study a notional structure based on the excellent work I am finding here! Once I pull the boat, I'll take some measurements.
Attachments
3D Evelyn 32.png
FastCrab
Contributor

Return to Fixes and Repairs on Evelyn 32