For Sale: Zing!arella

Evelyn boats, parts, trailers, sails, list them here!

Moderator: Pterobyte

For Sale: Zing!arella

Postby FastCrab » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:22 am

1984 Evelyn 32-2. Recent events have caused me to re-think what I had planned for 'Zing!arella' but I'm forging ahead, hoping things turn around. The forward bulkheads have been replaced with divynicell cored glass. Replaced all the wood around the motor with British Standard 1088 Okoume. Deep inventory of sails- (5 different assyms for every wind range! 3DL main (Short 'E') and 3DL light #1! much more!) I've painted the decks & done a number of repairs. I am now ready to begin replacing cores in the deck and added a bimini for cruising and shade...it's hot here! I've been sailing it regularly and will race this weekend, July 23rd- when I 'cruise' I use the dacron sails, the race sails still have 'low' hours and are stored in a cool garage mostly. Inboard Yanmar GM10 runs like a top. Plan is to rebuild the keel sump and mast step in the fall but it is sailing well now. If I weren't the cheif organizer and scorekeeper of the Governor's Cup, I would race it on Zing!arella.

I plan to design & build a completely new rudder and have a 50" X 100" CNC router, vacuum bagging technology and expertise to complete such work- including CFD to be most certain of it's performance. Currently I work at St. Mary's College, but I still am also a Marine Engineer and hydrofoil designer with 20 years experience.
FastCrab
Contributor

Re: For Sale: Zing!arella

Postby muchmsw » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:54 pm

Hi FastCrab;

Is Zing!arella still for sale?

Steve
muchmsw
Contributor

Return to For Sale, Parts, Sails, Whole Boats, Project Boats