Evelyn Rebuild

introductions, networking...whatever

Moderator: Pterobyte

Evelyn Rebuild

Postby Alan McMillan » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:24 pm

Thanks to all for the encouraging comments regarding my Evelyn rebuild project. Some of you may remember JOE, my brother Neil's Evelyn 32. Neil did a substancial rebuild upon buying her after hurricane Erin totaled her. He stiffing the hull structure and cut out the old damaged transom. The open transom looks great on the Evelyn even though hurricane Ivan took another shot at ending her racing life. I'll install a new the mast, move the Lewmar 40's to the cabintop and install Harkin B48.2 ST's as primaries. She needs a engine rebuild as the 1GM is in a box of engine parts. There will be lots of new glass laid and new paint all around, all new sails and instruments. Sounds so easy here in writing, but as you all know, hour and hours of slow work. I'll seek your ideas as I move forward.
Alan McMillan
New Here

Keep us posted.

Postby Pterobyte » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:34 am

I'd love to see some pictures of what you are dealing with now, the before pictures. I also am VERY interested in the open transom. Please let see what that looks like.

Do you have a time line on your project? It sounds like it could take a year or two depending on your work schedule and how much you do your self. Or are you anxious to get it in the water and racing quickly?

Best of luck.
Pterobyte
32132 Hull# 1
Pterobyte
Loquacious

Postby Motorboat!! » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:32 am

Alan
Somebody posted a note about your boat on the NOYC message board. How's the project going? I would love to see it some time. Where are you doing the work?
-Matt Skaer
MOTORBOAT!!
USA 32888
Motorboat!!
Loquacious

Return to General Chatter