New Evelyn owner

introductions, networking...whatever

Moderator: Pterobyte

New Evelyn owner

Postby Alan McMillan » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:13 pm

I'm taking on the project of bringing back to life the Evelyn 32-2 "JOE' in Pensacola, Fl. The boat was owned by my brother Neil McMillan and has been sitting in his company's stock yard since damaged in hurricane Ivan, Sept of 2004. I'm sure as I go forward, I'll have many questions.
Alan
Alan McMillan
New Here

Postby Motorboat!! » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:10 am

Alan
I remember that boat from Gulfport-pensacola races years ago. Anyway, if along the way, you need to set foot on a boat to see what goes where, you can always drive over to New Orleans and come see my boat.
-Matt Skaer
MOTORBOAT!!
USA 32888
Motorboat!!
Loquacious

Welcome to the Club

Postby darkstar32170 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:14 am

of Evelyn 32-2 owners that is. The boat is not a complicated boat in the way it is put together and everything is pretty accessible. I know everyone here will help with advice on anything you ask.

There is a new owner of the E 32-2 "Full Tilt," which has been on the hard for at least a dozen years. I always wonder how well these boats fare just sitting. Aside from the UV damage from the sun I would imagine that water gets into the deck around all the hardware (I know it does on boats that are sailed). and I wonder how much gets collected inside.

What kind of projects are you expecting to undertake?
David Lodge
Evelyn 32-2 "Dark Star" 32170
darkstar32170
Loquacious

Re: New Evelyn owner

Postby Pterobyte » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:23 am

Alan McMillan wrote:I'm taking on the project of bringing back to life the Evelyn 32-2 "JOE' in Pensacola, Fl. The boat was owned by my brother Neil McMillan and has been sitting in his company's stock yard since damaged in hurricane Ivan, Sept of 2004. I'm sure as I go forward, I'll have many questions.
Alan

Congratulations! You will have fun and as others have said I am sure you will get lost of help here. I acquired mine in August and I am having a ball.
Pterobyte
32132 Hull# 1
Pterobyte
Loquacious

Postby admin » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:22 am

Congrats and kudos, Alan!

Hey, isn't "JOE" the boat with the modified transom? If so, I 'd love to see some recent pictures of her (or even if not). All I remember ever seeing of "JOE" is a low rez, off the wind shot of her port hip. So anything you'd want to send along just pop as an attachment to webwolf@nbayracing.com

have fun with the project!
admin
Site Admin

Return to General Chatter