Motorboat!! Racing (Powered by Boone's Farm)

introductions, networking...whatever

Moderator: Pterobyte

Motorboat!! Racing (Powered by Boone's Farm)

Postby Motorboat!! » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:02 pm

I have figured out how to post pictures, I think...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.j ... 5040914307

Lets see if this little experiment worked
Motorboat!!
Loquacious

Postby admin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:20 pm

Tequilla?????
Goslings Black Seal!!!!!
come on man, get with the program.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Motorboat!! » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:53 pm

Hey, it's our first run of the blender on the boat! interestingly, my wife's parents, who live and sail in annapolis, introduced us to Goslings last time they were down here! Dark and stormy's?

It's funny that after trying so hard to take every ounce of weight out the boat, what do we do? fill it up with 40 lbs of beer and booze...
Motorboat!!
Loquacious

Extra Weight

Postby darkstar32170 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:47 pm

It doesn't matter if you have a little extra weight on the boat. It just matters where you place it. Of course, drinking it always seems to help the boatspeed too. I notice that everyone seems to be using portable coolers and not the icebox under the "chart table."

I usually use the chart table icebox but if it doesn't get cleaned and dried out every couple days we get listed as an EPA Superfund site. Has anybody every tried to intall a drain from the icebox to the bilge? That might be a big help.

I have a large soft cooler that we use sometimes.
David Lodge
Evelyn 32-2 "Dark Star" 32170
darkstar32170
Loquacious

Postby Motorboat!! » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:57 am

Funny you should mention that! I have the same problem. It actually got to the point over the summer that a small colony of wild animals growing in the icebox. Why a drain wasn't originally installed doesn't make any sense. I would like to install one, however the biggest issue is that you don't have access to the underside of the box with which to install drain hardware, unless you are willing to cut through the bulkhead.

Another idea I am floating around is to build a new icebox on the other side where the stove used to be. Right now I just have an open hole, and if I could build 4 walls and insulate around it, that could work out well.
-Matt Skaer
MOTORBOAT!!
USA 32888
Motorboat!!
Loquacious

Postby Motorboat!! » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:13 am

Man, what a difference new sails make! We scored a 2nd in class at LPRC (Lake Pontchartrain Racing Circuit), and on the last day of racing, beat a 1D35 by 3 minutes even though they started 5 minutes before us in the next class. It was a frequent occurance for the RC to think we were in the next class up because we were always finishing with them!
-Matt Skaer
MOTORBOAT!!
USA 32888
Motorboat!!
Loquacious

Postby Motorboat!! » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:36 pm

Just testing if this posting pictures business will work for me...
ImageImage
-Matt Skaer
MOTORBOAT!!
USA 32888
Motorboat!!
Loquacious

Re: Motorboat!! Racing (Powered by Boone's Farm)

Postby Motorboat!! » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:55 pm

Alright, after a long 4 months off, I am ready to go sailing again! First regatta of the year next weekend (Mardi Gras Regatta). Might have a level 99 class, with us, 3 hobies, a j-92s, and maybe more to come. Should be fun!
-Matt Skaer
MOTORBOAT!!
USA 32888
Motorboat!!
Loquacious

Return to General Chatter