new owner

introductions, networking...whatever

Moderator: Pterobyte

new owner

Postby ratfish » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:29 am

Here in Seattle I recently joined the proud, the few, the Evelyn 32-2 owners. It's sail number 69061, one of the Formula built hulls, and as far as I know has always been a pacific northwest boat. It's lived in Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver and sailed under the names Men's Secret Business, Smoke, Planet Claire, Poke & Destroy, and now Ratfish.
ratfish
Browser

Re: new owner

Postby STATIC » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:17 pm

I noticed that noone had ressponded to your announcement. I'm hoping to reinvigorate this discussion board. Maybe the moderator will help us.
Congrats on the new purchase! I hope that you enjoyed you first summer of ownership. Do you race the boat?
I own Static. Hull #51. We race in Boston Harbor/Massachusetts Bay. -Ted Matthews
STATIC
Browser

Postby ratfish » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:42 am

I hope we can reinvigorate this board too.

I am thoroughly enjoying the boat and have race it locally here in the Seattle area. I didn't do a ton of racing on it this past year because of the normal COVID issues and also I crew on another boat regularly too, but I probably got about 10 races in. I'm looking to race it more seriously this year.

Do you encounter any other Evelyns out there? I think I've only ever seen 1 other out here, and that's an Evelyn 26.
ratfish
Browser

Postby admin » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:57 am

Yes, congrats on the new(er) boat!

With regard to forum traffic, yes it is slow. We did get a new member over the past weekend though! It's been awhile since that happened.

I think one of the issues is: let's face it the number of boats is diminishing as some are aging out and end up in dumpsters. Sad but true. The biggest response to this forum, and in fact the reason why this forum exists, is a posting on Sailing Anarchy -- I think it was Bill Fries and I believe the thread title was EVELYN ROUND-UP. I could be wrong though.

In any case let's hope folks are still having a blast on their boats and these great boats still see the starting line and get the gun at the finish!

Cheers, --TF
admin
Site Admin

Return to General Chatter