Lake Ontario

introductions, networking...whatever

Moderator: Pterobyte

Lake Ontario

Postby GJD » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi All,

I just traded boats with my Dad, and now own Eve. Baffled but happy! Anyway I just thought I would introduce myself, and to see if I could dig up some contact info for other Evelyn 32-2's on Lake Ontario. I live down on the beachstrip in Hamilton, I would love to have some kinda Evelyn party in the, "back yard", at some point.

Thanks,
Greg Dale.
gregjd72@yahoo.ca
GJD
Contributor

Re: Lake Ontario

Postby admin » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:08 pm

Thanks for joining us, Greg, and congrats with wresting "Eve of D" away from the parental supervision ;-)

A look at the map, which admittedly has not been updated lately, shows 5 other E 32-2's in the area:
- KISS
- Rhumbfront
- PsychosUs
- Wild Thing
- Fight CLub

If memory serves me well, one or two of these 5 is/was for sale. There is contact info for KISS and FightClub, dont know if it is still valid.
I think some of the boats listed above are members here, too...have to take a look at the members list.

Sorry about the hassle with signing up....we get about 20 spambot requests a day now and it's hard to differentiate the legitimate ones from the bogus.

Have fun with Eve of D.
admin
Site Admin

Postby GJD » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:40 pm

Thanks, this is a great forum :) Looking forward to learning about this boat, and sending some shots from this coming summer. Maybe one day I'll get a trailer and get away from winter for some fun in the sun.
GJD
Contributor

Postby admin » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:55 pm

If KWRW weren't so expensive, it would be cool to call for an E 32-2 outing in mid-January. But a much cheaper, and in my opinion, much higher bang for the buck venue, is Charleston in early April. It's not just a regatta, it's a city with great food, excellent & fun bars, and an ungodly amount of attractive young women (which does me no good, other than fantasyland).The competition gets better every year and there are already 137 boats signed up, with almost 2 months to go.

Just curious, Greg...you got the E 32-2...what did your father get?

btw, he sent us some nice pix from the Turkey Shoot a year or two back!

--tf
admin
Site Admin

Postby GJD » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:37 pm

Charleston sounds great, and closer. I cannot wait to get the boat moving around to race some others and just have some good times. This year is going to be all Lake Ontario due to new baby, busy work.... Dad got a shark 24. Hinterholler design, totally rebuilt carbon everything, new rig. I didn't get a chance to race her, but I do still race with a buddy in the shark fleet so hopefully dad will get her moving and I can at least see her race. I had 22K in the boat but you couldn't get 15K if you know what I mean. And actually I am the guy sitting closest to the bow on the rail in that Turkey pic.
GJD
Contributor

Postby Motorboat!! » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:49 am

I would love to do charleston next year if I could find a trailer even just to rent. If so, count me in.
-Matt Skaer
MOTORBOAT!!
USA 32888
Motorboat!!
Loquacious

Postby GJD » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Up here winter storage costs a fair bit, I am thinking buying a trailer will actually save me money - I just have to squeeze a Evelyn into the driveway....
GJD
Contributor

Postby Wild Thing » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi Greg, welcome to the board and to the family... I own WildThing at PCYC; Rhumbfront is there also. I'm a new owner and haven't much chance to race her yet; hopefully this coming season...

Fight Club was sold last year; the new owner did the LO300 double-handed in the boat... Crazy people!

Cheers, Guy
Guy Perrin
Evelyn 32-2 "Wild Thing" 32144
Port Credit, ON
Wild Thing
Avid Fan

Postby GJD » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:35 am

Hi Guy,

Thanks for the warm welcome, I am glad to hear from someone on Lake Ontario :) I'll be at RHYC and am doing the Susan Hood this year for sure, June 4th as I am sure you know. We did it last year when that sweeet line squal came through, naturally had all the sail in the world up - but that fat close reach and 7 fat buddies on the rail we took off on the first leg.

The of course we ripped the chute, launching shark style from the cabin. Seemed like a great idea until it was up and we notice it wasn't pulling....and was cut perfectly into two halfs. Went from first to last during the next 6 hours down wind going wing on wing, so needless to say we are eager to past that error and screw something else up this year.

It would be great if you could come out, I am not sure how long the course was but you gotta love the overnighters. Are you the boat with the carbon bow sprit? Looks like a big 49er.

Any way lets work on doing some events together over the summer. I am a big believer in information sharing, boats are frustrating enough. I will be posting what I learn, but if we can get 3 or 4 boats out to the same events even 3 times this summer the learning curve will crank right up. I am woring on a schedule of events Eve will be at this summer. My buddies will take her for a rip if I am to busy, so she is about to become a little active either way.

See you in the spring,
Greg
GJD
Contributor

Postby Wild Thing » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:09 pm

Greg, I'm pretty familiar with the Susan Hood race, mostly because I'm directly involved in organizing the event (along with the rest of the gang from the Lake Ontario 300).

I was there last year also; sailing on Shock Therapy (Gary Benner's Shock 35 from RCYC). We couldn't see a damn thing at the start it was raining so hard!

I hope WildThing will be ready this year, still some offshore safety stuff to take care off...

See you on the lake soon!...
Guy Perrin
Port Credit, ON
Wild Thing
Avid Fan

Postby GJD » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:07 pm

Cool, that should help getting some E32-2's on the same start line. We should all work toward getting to the same line at the same time, imagine Levels with a fleet!
GJD
Contributor

Postby GJD » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:07 pm

Hi All,

Just found this online:

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z197236391

Eve is painted, and ready to drop in May 1. Can't wait. I hope someone out there picks this boat up and races her.
GJD
Contributor

Postby Wild Thing » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:10 pm

That is Fight Club that is for sale on Kijiji... The 2009 LO300 Blackberry sticker is still on the bow in some of the photos!
Guy Perrin
Port Credit, ON
Wild Thing
Avid Fan

Postby GJD » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:26 pm

Ohh, should have picked that up I guess :) How is the summer shaping up for you? Mine will be a light schedule due to my baby girl, 4 months old. I do plan to get out for the Susan Hood and basically race night the hell out of her to learn the boat this summer. I am not sure how much more I can get away with!

My buddies might end up taking her down to younstown, not sure yet. I will keep you posted if anything else comes up, your are always welcome to come down to my end of the lake for our annual Turkey regatta. It is actually one of the best races of the year when it comes to fun. Once around the bay, staggered PHRF start so we are all "even" at the line. I have always been out in the lead in a shark watching the J35 or Swan 41 slowly grinding our lead away. Maybe this year we won't lose the lead on the back 9..

Have a great summer!
GJD
Contributor

Postby Wild Thing » Mon May 03, 2010 4:51 pm

GJD wrote:How is the summer shaping up for you?

Well... It didn't start well; I missed my launch date (I had to be out of town because of death in the family). So the boat is in the yard for a while longer; I might take advantage of the situation and perform some work I have been putting off (easier to work with power tools in the yard than at the dock...)

Little girls are the best (mine is 8-years-old already...)

Cheers, Guy
Guy Perrin
Port Credit, ON
Wild Thing
Avid Fan

Next

Return to General Chatter