poitin 24 brochure

Moderator: Pterobyte

poitin 24 brochure

Postby poitin24 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:38 am

As the title says, I am still in the process of restoring my able 24 and would like to know if anyone has seen or come across the original brochure for the able poitin 24. Anyone other information about that boat would be awesome to know as well. Thanks,
Last edited by poitin24 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poitin24
Contributor

Re: poitin 24 brochure

Postby evelyn321 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:09 pm

Hello to the Forman,

I have the orginal sales brochure from 1975 for the poitin 24 by Able Shipwrights. I also have one for the Poitin Star (the 29) from Recreation Marine. I got the able poitin at the annapolis boat show in 1975. We ordered a boat (#20547) from Bruce Butterworth in East Greenwich R.I. and raced it in the Ches. Bay with great success. I could copy them and send them to someone who could up load the into the forum.

We have a evelyn 32-1 (1976 or 77) named Mystique that we sail on the Delaware river. It was going to be cut as an abandoned boat. It needs alot of deck work, but is a blast to sail and reminds me of my old poinin 24. I would like any information on the evelyn 32-1 that anyone has to help with restoring my boat.

For a point of information Bob Evelyn did race a 24 with the beam shortened by cutting the side decks down. I was at Corpus Christi Texas in 1976 or 1977 I think. I had the article from one design and yacht racing mag. There is also a pointin 24 on the Delaware river here in Burlington N.J. It has a fractional rig and an inboard motor and wins most races it enters.
Yours,

Peter Carter (Mystique)
evelyn321
New Here

Re: poitin 24 brochure

Postby admin » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:53 pm

Hey, great stuff, Peter. Thanks for the info. Sorry about all the glitches getting your account active....Pterobyte and I spend a lot of time these days fending off the freakin' spambots and you fell victim to that.

Send anything you want to post (pdf's etc) to: webwolf@nbayracing.com....I think you may have some of my recent emails in your INBOX!

thanks for signing up and I, for one, would love to see some pix of the 32-1....there is someone else who is around that has contacted us who owns a 32-1, I'll hunt that down....it may be on the Forum somewhere!

take care, thanks for joining us!

tf/admin
admin
Site Admin

Return to Able Poitin 24