ANOTHER evelyn 42

Moderator: Pterobyte

ANOTHER evelyn 42

Postby admin » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:55 pm

I got this email from "firstamos" who is somewhere near Atlantic City NJ:
--------------------------
Hello members, I'm the new guy to the forum. I joined because I found this beauitful yacht in my area. Well she was sitting off the side of a comercial property for years, and I would admire her from the highway. A few weeks ago I noticed the name being changed on the property, so I decided to go in and ask about the boat. I got the new owner's number and found that the boat was left to her when her father passed. We agreed on a price and I am now making provisions to take her over. I'm talking about an Evelyn 42. The rigging is laying on the deck but there isn't much more than that and the bare boat. I'm looking foreward to a couple of years to restore her, but I need a lot of info. I will appreciate any help from the members. My first boat was a Hunter 25 1974. That was easy but I know this will be a real challenge for me.

-----------------------------
so, chime in...does anyway have a clue as to which E42 this is?

Thanks for the message, firstamos...your account is active, so feel free to post here!

tf
admin
admin
Site Admin

Re: ANOTHER evelyn 42

Postby Pterobyte » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:54 pm

I had a 42 and I am now the proud owner of a 32.

Does the 42 you are getting have a blade keel an bulb or the original fin keel?

You'll get some great help here. There are some real 42 experts hanging around.
Pterobyte
32132 Hull# 1
Pterobyte
Loquacious

Postby Pterodactyl » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:43 pm

Hi firstamos,

I am the owner of a E42 located in Hampton, VA (formerly in the Great Lakes) Mine is in excellent shape but I haven't been able to sail her much due to a health issue. Maybe next year. You'll find this board to be very helpful and I'll be glad to share pics, dimensions etc if it will help. By the way, my boat is Pterodactyl, the boat that Jim (Pterobyte) formerly had.

Welcome to the family!
Gene Thayer
Evelyn 42 Pterodactyl
US 73273
Pterodactyl
Contributor

Postby Motorboat!! » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:33 pm

I used to sail on the E42 called Heartbeat down here in New Orleans. It had the deep fin keel, and engine mounted over the keel, much like the 32 setup. The boat was destroyed in a hurricane a few years back while in Pensacola. I wonder if they parted it out..
-Matt Skaer
MOTORBOAT!!
USA 32888
Motorboat!!
Loquacious

Postby FlatlineE32 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:49 pm

Does anyone know what happened to the Evelyn 42 Stainless? I saw some neat pictures of her last night after she washed up on the Maryland beach in 87'. I know the boat wasn't significantly damaged and was bought by someone.
Jason
Flatline
Branford, CT
FlatlineE32
Avid Fan

Return to Evelyn 42