E26 on Lake Ontario

Moderator: Pterobyte

E26 on Lake Ontario

Postby Kyle62 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi Folks,

I got my E26 from the owner after the mast was broken by a tree while it was off the boat for winter storage. The boat was originally from Hingham Bay near Boston, and had been owned by Perry Moore. I contacted Perry over the summer and he was excited to hear that his boat old boat was still sailing.

I had the mast welded. Some may argue that this is not the best idea. I have to admit it was pretty scary going out for the first sail in 11-16 knots. I cranked on the backstay tension and was ready to hit the deck. All was good.

Last one built? Perry told me that the previous owner told him it was the last E26 built. The hull is #FMU000420584. Not sure if that makes it hull #42?
The boat was built with a Yanmar 1GM10 like the Evelyn 32 my dad owned. Looked like the same instal right down to the tripper hump in the floor from the prop skeg.

If interested, you can check out the pictures of the boat at http://shorelinesailboats.com/kyles-projects/

Best regards to all,
Kyle L.
Kyle62
Browser

Re: E26 on Lake Ontario

Postby admin » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:41 pm

Outstanding! What a great story, Kyle and thanks for sharing it. Boat looks fantastic!

btw, sorry I say on your registration request for so long....not sure how I missed it, but at any rate, thanks for your patience!

--TF
admin
Site Admin

Return to Evelyn 26