Ev 26 OD mast rake?

Moderator: Pterobyte

Ev 26 OD mast rake?

Postby Black Cat » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Does anyone have any data on Ev 26; mast rake angel? stay tension upper-lowers? polar numbers ?
Black Cat
Browser

Re: Ev 26 OD mast rake?

Postby paul » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:14 am

Sorry can't help you with performance data. However....

I did post a need for some basic info on Ev 26 section, was wondering if you have a picture of backstay arrangement, and possibly measurement of the lower stays. My boat did not come with this.

I've been renovating a 1980 E26 OD, a bit slowly. Interior has been stripped, have added stiffeners for keel, hull, deck. I'm hoping to launch in next 2-3 weeks, though I am slowed a bit with weather(rainy - boat not covered). My rudder sounds like the one in other post - very heavy. Has some cracks and delam in upper section so I guess water
got in at some point and staying there. I drilled a couple of holes at bottom but nothing drained, my guess is it's waterlogged and unfortunately places some weight at stern.
Foils section is fine with no irregularity so will patch the top and deal with it for now. A new rudder out of question at moment.

Mast Rake - are you moving the mast base around or keeping in stock location?
Shroud Tension - perhaps start with J24 tuning guide specs as mast/rigging layout is similar. I don't know if shroud dia. same but can always translate the force into a different wire size/Loos gage reading. I'm planning to start with that.

Will try to post some pics soon.

Paul
paul
Contributor

Re: Ev 26 OD mast rake?

Postby egon » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:45 pm

Black Cat,

I have some old polars I could scan and post. Gimme a few days and I'll dig them up.

As for the headstay, I've been shortening it a few turns every season and currently run the rig with nearly 0* rake. We've been closing in on 3 solid rig settings for overall conditions and slight tweaks depending on the details. However, my numbers are for the single spreader rig and are all based off turns. My mast butt location is stock, or very close. The mast step was toast when I bought the boat but we didn't notice the problem until one full racing season. The new step is static and is grided into the hull.

--Matt
Short Bus - Evelyn 26 OD - Hull #6
egon
Contributor

Return to Evelyn 26