Where do you sail your Evelyn 26?

Moderator: Pterobyte

Where do you sail your Evelyn 26?

Postby nimbus » Tue May 07, 2013 11:56 am

It seems like Nimbus is the only Evelyn 26 in the Pacific Northwest. I was wondering where all the other Evelyn 26's are ( or if many other owners visit this page). Post a picture of your boat and include where you sail your Evelyn.
Attachments
nimbus rtts.jpg
Nimbus - Seattle area
nimbus
Contributor

Re: Where do you sail your Evelyn 26?

Postby paul » Thu May 09, 2013 11:03 pm

Hi Nimbus:

Mine is sailed out of Swampscott, MA (just north of Boston). Don't have photo in action, only water shot is on mooring posted prior. There were several competing PHRF in area 10 yr ago, still a couple around. An East Coast boat, as you know, so you don't see many your way. Much like not seeing many Santanas around here.....

I've owned mine 3 yr, first in water last yr after rebuild. Still some work to do, but losing interest in serious PHRF racing due to time constraints.
paul
Contributor

Postby paul » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:22 am

A couple of shots from my Ev 26, harbored in Swampscott, MA. As mentioned I lost steam in serious racing, note the J24 jib. Boat came with full suit of sails for foil, but the foil was broken. Short on time, we hanked old J24 jib, a bit short but trims OK. Had a few around from J24 racing. We reinforced hull/deck, fixed core issue in hull, rewire, inside had liner removed so sanded and polyurethane finish. For 2014 trying to upgrade the old 6HP, try masthead chute, perhaps more purchase/improve traveler-mainsheet controls.

For those w/E26 OD on tight budget, J24 genny will fit good. They can be had cheap relative to new sail, tons out there. Hank sail, loft can put tape on or use as is, I think hanks drop much faster and make foredeck life easier. Luff a bit more than a foot shorter. J dim of a J24 almost same.

Trailer came w/boat, would prefer tandem axle. Has a 7000#, LT tires, elec brakes and tows fine but prefer 2 axles. I don't go too far.
Attachments
IMG_3611 (3).jpg
IMG_7994.JPG
289-1.jpg
paul
Contributor

Postby Black Cat » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:55 pm

Hi Paul, Im in Charleston SC. Loving the boat very fast up and down wind. Giving the CORA group some hell. Just picked up two bullets, class and overall, alice cup offshore race. Betting all the big boats. Just an amazing design. Once you figure it out.
Sails by Joe Waters
Black Cat
Browser

Return to Evelyn 26